The Agile In Audit Scrum Fundamentals (AIA-SF) course is a 2-day course that presents scrum for audit teams. Delegates learn via a mix of instruction and team-based exercises. The roles, events, artifacts and rules of Scrum are taught, demonstrated and practiced.
Exercises that connect the roles, events and artifacts of Scrum with the common roles, meetings and elements of auditing are undertaken. The course culminates with a case study where the agile auditing techniques just taught, are practiced.
Because the course matches the learning objectives for the Certified Scrum Master course from the Scrum Alliance, delegates can (optionally) earn the globally recognised CSM certificate by passing the associated assessment.
This course provides a deep foundational understanding of Scrum so that you can:
- Apply Scrum to an Internal Audit environment
- Work as a Scrum Master for a Scrum Team
- Be an effective Scrum Team member
- Explain and promote the Scrum framework to the organization
- Understand how to apply Scrum in the work place (co-located or remote)
Who Should Attend
The AIA-SF course is primarily focused on the Scrum Master role and the use of Scrum within an Internal Audit environment. It is beneficial to anyone that will be using or applying Scrum, as well as leaders that wish to implement more effective practices in their organization. It is also of value to those already applying Scrum and who have questions regarding its application.
Roles That Will Benefit
- All directors, managers and leaders (especially those embarking on a Scrum application)
- Scrum Masters
- Agile Coaches
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Audit Owners
- Audit Portfolio Managers
What Does the Course Offer?
As well as the course content, delivered as described above, there are exercises, quizzes, puzzles and simulations where delegates work as part of small teams within virtual breakout rooms to cement the information and techniques taught
What Will You Receive?
A copy of the course materials (in .PDF format)
Optionally (dependent upon whether you have selected the +CSM package):
- Certified Scrum Master Certification upon successful completion of the short online certification exam
- Two year membership of the Scrum Alliance
- Sixteen Professional Development Units (for PMI Project Management Professionals
Here’s your course outline:
- Basics of auditing
- Foundations of Agility
- Foundations of Scrum
- Scrum Framework Basics
- Scrum Roles and Mapping with Audit Roles
- Scrum Events and Mapping with Audit Events
- Scrum Artifacts
- Scrum Elements
- Product Backlog Items
- Sprint Backlog in Detail
- The Definition of Done
- Audit Case Study Using Scrum